Everyone loves to take care of their skin and is familiar with the term- ‘FACIALS’. But what are medifacials? Medifacials are facials done under the expert guidance of a dermatologist. They are customised as per the patients needs.
Medifacials are done with specialised machines and cosmeceuticals. These cosmeceuticals are medical compounds which contain 5 times the normal constituents than that a normal saloon product, hence a medifacial is able to give you far superior result to what a saloon facial will give you. We include a medical grade microdermabrasion done by 2 separate methods to further enhance the results. Medifacials are used for all types of skin problems such as acne, melasma, tanning, scars and rejuvenation.
STEPS OF A MEDI-FACIAL
- Cleansing the skin- a non-irritating cleanser is used to clear any creams/make up/ dust prior to starting the process
- Toning- This is a done with a diamond tip microdermabrasion machine, used to remove a layer of dead cells and helps in reducing tanning
- Hydro-exfoliation- The signature machine at Dezire Clinic further helps to remove the dead cells from the epidermis (topmost skin layer), without causing any harm to the skin. It simultaneously also infuses the skin with the selected cosmeceutical, selected for your skin such as Vitamin C or Hyaluronic acid, etc. making the skin feel hydrated
- Massage- The skin is then massaged with a soothing cream that helps in reducing any red spots or irritated skin
- Peeling- The most important stem is the use of a chemical peel. This helps in giving an instant glow and a long lasting refreshed look to the skin. The type of peel can be selected by the indication which suits you the most.
- Oxy-Jet: The oxy jet helps in the peel getting deeper penetration and simultaneously eeping the skin cool
- Cleansing- The face is cleansed again and the peel is washed off
- Mask – A mask is applied for 5 minutes to give an instant glow and brighten the skin
- Sunscreen- A sunscreen is applied during the day procedures, to keep your new rejuvenated skin safe from sun exposure.
A medifacial has many benefits. It helps in:
- Premature aging signs- fine lines & wrinkles, course texture and dehydration
- Uneven Skin Tone- pigmentation, melasma, age spots, dull skin tone and blotchy skin
- Skin Congestion- Post acne marks, blackheads, enlarged pores
A medi-facial ideal takes around 20 minutes per sitting and should be repeated once every month for first 3 months and then maintenance sittings can be taken thereafter if required.
How to choose which medi-facial will suit you?
There are different types of medifacials based on the different peels used in it. Each peel is used for a different indication and here at Dr.Manjot’s clinic we have customised and combined the best peels for each skin type
- Anti-Pigmentation peel- (Glycolic acid 50% and Kojic acid 10% and Pyruvic acid) This is our favourite and most recommended peel for anyone looking for instant results and a brighter face
- Exfoliative Peel (Jessners peel)
Done for acne scarring and melasma.It is kept on for 10 hours. It does not cause any instant results, but causes visible skin peeling for 3-4 days post procedure.
- Yellow Peel
This is an international standard peel, used for all indications that causes skin peeling for 2-3 days. It is kept on for 4-6 hours. It helps to restore youthful skin and removes layers of dead skin
- Anti acne peel- (salicyclic acid 30%)
This is a double strength peel useful in cases of active acne . It helps to decrease the redness in pimples and also decrease the scarring
- Party peel
Done along with a specialised CO2 mask, helps in clearing out all the pores and giving soft supple hydrated skin
SIDE-EFFECTS OF MEDI-FACIALS:
There is no major side-effects of these treatments, if done by the right doctor. In cases of extremely sensitive skin, there may be mild redness or dryness that can be resolved by your treating doctor. So instead of running to a saloon for a facial, get it done from trained doctors and therapists and keep your skin in safe hands.