FRECKLE REDUCTION WITH Q-SWITCHED NDYAG
WHAT SKIN PROBLEMS CAN ND YAG LASER HELP WITH?
No matter how much we take care to reduce the signs of ageing, stubborn brown spots can be a give-away. Some know these by different names – age spots, freckles, lentigines, or liver spots. There are a range of different types of pigmentation which vary in appearance, what depth in the skin they lie, and how responsive they are to treatment.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ND YAG SKIN TREATMENT?
- Improve skin tone
- Reduce rosacea and thread facial vein
- Reduce facial wrinkles and fine lines
- Treat sun damage including age spots and brown pigmentation
- Firming and tightening the skin
- Stimulate new collagen and elastin tissue production
WHAT IS ND YAG LASER?
There are many lasers in the market. Nd:Yag laser is named after the laser medium, Neodymium: yytrium-alumunium-garnet. This laser was specifically designed to help with pigmentation, reckless and also can help removing old tattoos.
HOW DOES ND YAG LASER WORK?
ND YAG Laser comes in 2 wavelengths, 1064 nm and 532 nm. It is a non-ablative laser, which means that there is no break in skin tissue continuity during the treatment. It is designed to target pigment cells. This specific wavelength are absorbed preferentially by pigments (melanin) and the resultant heat will cause generation and propagation of waves that cause damage to the cells containing pigment. These damaged cells will then be cleared from the site resulting in lightening of the pigmented site.
HOW IS ND YAG LASER PROCESS?
The process for treating skin problems with ND YAG LASER is simple, quick with few days of downtime.
The treatment is performed by a team of skilled, experienced doctors and nurses:
- STEP 1: Experienced doctors will consult with you and confirm if you are suitable and would benefit from this procedure.
- STEP 2: Your doctor will use a numbing cream for 20-30 minutes right before the treatment to minimize any discomfort.
- STEP 3: Your doctor will use the ND YAG Q SWITCH laser and the light pulses will be directed into the dermis for rejuvenation. The whole procedure will take about 45 minutes.
- STEP 4: After the procedure, you may experience redness over the treated site which may last few hours. Most of the time, there is no swelling and most patients can return to work almost immediately.
- STEP 5: Immediately post laser, you may or may not see lightening of the pigmentation. In fact, the pigmented spot may even darken for 1-2 weeks before getting lighter. However, the skin lightening and rejuvenation may be seen immediately post-laser.